Saturday 24 August 2013

childrens music, just how important is it?

If you are a parent, have younger siblings, or have been around children at any point in your life, you have heard at least some children's music.
I have incredibly wonderful memories tied to Sharon, Lois, and Bram, and sing my children their songs, without a thought.
I have though, always had other music playing as well. Whether it be rock, classical, hip hop, etc. You name it, it has probably played on my stereo with my children's ears within listening distance.

I am so curious what other parents think about music and their children, is it an important thing in your household? I am a really strong believer of introducing kids to many different types of music, and watching their love for it blossom. Music is and has been a very important part of my life since I can remember. 
I guess I just wonder, while fun and great, is children's music really that important? With my family we have a 'everything in moderation' philosophy, and I feel with music it is no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment