Monday 24 June 2013

Yummy trends.

So I have fallen victim to the green smoothie trend I see everywhere. At first I was very resistant to having something with spinach for breakfast. As wonderful as it is, and as much as I want to increase my spinach intake; for breakfast?! Yuck!
Well, I was wrong to say in the least.
Bonus part of it all, the boys love this morning smoothie! We've been making it every morning and are loving it.
I found the recipe on detoxinista.com, and it has been quite rewarding. 
It's called a basic green smoothie and contains; 3 large handfuls of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk or water, 1/2 cup of frozen berries, 1 banana, lemon juice, and a little cinnamon.
It's so simple, and I have already noticed a difference in energy levels and skin tone. Both of which are lovely while pregnant! :)

Try one! They are surprisingly tasty, and very good for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment