Thursday 10 January 2013

coffee

It is something most people do, we add it to our morning ritual, we meet with friends for it, we sip it quietly with a great book in hand. For me I have always loved coffee and tea equally, I really still do. I most likely consume my weight of them weekly! There is so much more to coffee for me then just the drink. I love the morning ritual with the kids, getting up, getting breakfast ready while my coffee is brewing. It is comfort in a mug, all I need is a book, big blanket and couch, and wool socks. Picture perfect.
But, that's not why I am making this post. I have become increasingly aware of how my taste in coffee has become much more refined. Amazingly enough, the coffee I drink the most is a fair trade coffee called Just Us, it is amazing. The blends are very flavorful, and while sipping on this coffee I don't have to feel the weight of wondering just how it's made, and by whom, and how fair their life is supplying me something that is such a privilege.
I think we should all feel this weight, wonder where your purchases come from, wonder how it effects the world in a whole. Make well thought out decisions about what you allow into your home and stand by it. Sure there are going to be many circumstances where this is a lovely theory, but a hard practice. So why not start with simple, easy choices; like coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment